Ranking as the #4 university in all of Mainland China, The University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) has taken a position as one of China’s leading schools. The quality of scientific research papers published by the school is internationally praised and recognized.
Many international students in the fields of science and technology set their sights on UCTC. The scholarships available to these students are designed to provide financial aid to those potential alumni.
- Fudan University Scholarships
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University Scholarships
- Chinese Government Scholarships
University of Science and Technology of China
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarships For University of Science and Technology of China
1. USTC Scholarship – Chinese University Program
- Scholarship Amount: Waived tuition, a monthly stipend, and free accommodation subsidy.
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens, in good mental and physical health, and in possession of a high school diploma.
- Scholarship Link
Bachelor’s students will receive a monthly stipend of CNY2,500 per month in addition to their medical insurance and accommodation coverage.
This University of Science and Technology of China scholarship is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students. Undergraduate students must be under the age of 30. Applicants who have been awarded other Chinese scholarships are not eligible for the USTC scholarship. Students must submit a study or research proposal of no less than 800 words along with their CV and letter of recommendation.
USTC will thoroughly review all applications that have been submitted on time. The applicant’s academic record and research abilities will be taken into consideration.
Postgraduate Scholarships for University of Science and Technology of China for International Students
1. The USTC Chinese Government Scholarship
- Scholarship Amount: Tuition waiver, free university dormitory accommodation, a monthly stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance.
- Eligibility Criteria: Eligible applicants will be non-Chinese citizens in good physical and mental health who have completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree.
- Degree Offered: Masters and Doctorate
- Scholarship Link
If given this University of Science and Technology of China scholarship, Master’s degree students will receive a stipend of CNY3,000 per month, while doctoral students will receive CNY3,500. Students applying for master’s degree programs should not be older than 35, while doctorate students must be under the age of 40.
A completed application will include the following documents: an application form for the Chinese Government Scholarship with a photo attached, a photocopy of the student’s passport, a study or research proposal, a CV, two letters of recommendation from professors or associate professors with contact details, a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form, proof of language proficiency if attending classes in Chinese, and a photocopy of undergraduate or master’s degree certificate.
Nominated candidates will have their information sent to the China Scholarship Council (CSC) for further review and selection.
The available University of Science and Technology China Scholarships for international students will provide potential applicants with the opportunity to attend one of the best universities in Mainland China. Further information about attendance and scholarships can be found on USTC’s website.