The University of Alabama gives generous scholarships for both US students and international students. In this article, we will be looking at the frequently asked questions about the University of Alabama scholarships, and then, go over scholarships for US students, and finally, scholarships for international students.
- How to Study in the United States for Free
- Free Universities in the United States
- How to Study in the United States
Does the University of Alabama give scholarships?
Now, if you are looking at this article, then you are probably asking this question. The answer is a definite YES! The University of Alabama has one of the most generous scholarship programs in the United States for both US students and international students!
US students are eligible for up to full tuition and one year of boarding, and on top of that, $8,500 stipend for the first year, and $18,500 for years 2-4. There are more benefits that I have not listed in this scholarship!
International students are eligible for up to $25,000 per year, which is one of the most generous scholarships in the States for international students.
So yes, the University of Alabama not only gives scholarships, but it does give VERY generously.
What are the ACT/SAT and GPA Requirements to get scholarships?
Now, there are many scholarships that are available at UA. The requirements are different for different scholarships. But if you want to get a top-tier scholarship, here is some breakdown.
For in-state, to get top scholarships, you should have:
- At Least 30 ACT Or 1360 SAT
- 3.5+ GPA
For out-of-state students and international students, to get a top scholarship, you should have:
- At Least 32 ACT Or 1420 SAT
- 3.5+ GPA
Here are the requirements to get a top University of Alabama scholarship, but even if you score lower, there are still scholarships available for you. We will look at those after we finish with these frequently asked questions.
How do I get Full Tuition Scholarships at the University of Alabama?
You just need to get the scores that we’ve mentioned above, (30 ACT or 1360 SAT and 3.5+ GPA for in-state, and 32 ACT or 1420 SAT and 3.5+ GPA for out-of-state and international), to receive full-tuition scholarships for in-state, and close to full-tuition scholarships for out-of-state and international students.
These scholarships are guaranteed if you receive the following scores. If you want a numbered list, here is the following:
- Get the scores mentioned above
- You will need to apply for admission before December 15th
- You will automatically get this scholarship if you’ve met the requirements above and apply before December 15th.
Types of University of Alabama Scholarships
Now, let’s get into the type of scholarships that this university offers. We will break this down into in-state, out-of-state US Citizens, Permanent Residents, and international students.
In-State Scholarships (US Citizens/Permanent Residents)
Here are the following scholarships for in-state students. Please note that in-state students receive in-state tuition, so the scholarship amount is lower than those of out-of-state students. If you get the required scores and GPA, then you automatically get these scholarships
- Presidential Elite Scholar (Full Tuition, One-year of on-campus housing, $1,000 a year stipend, $2,000 stipend for summer research or international study, $500 a year book scholarship) – 4.0 GPA, ACT 36/SAT 1600
- Presidential (Full Tuition) – 3.5+ GPA, ACT 30+/SAT 1360+
- Foundation in Excellence ($8,000) – 3.5+ GPA, ACT 29/SAT 1330 – 1350
- Foundation in Excellence ($8,000) – 3.0 – 3.49 GPA, ACT 30+/ SAT 1360+
- Collegiate ($7,000) – 3.5+ GPA, ACT 28/SAT 1300-1320
- Collegiate ($7,000) – 3.0 – 3.49 GPA, ACT 29/SAT 1330-1350
- Capstone ($6,000) – 3.5+ GPA, ACT 27/SAT 1260 – 1290
- Capstone ($6,000) – 3.0 – 3.49 GPA, ACT 28/ SAT 1300 – 1320
- UA Legends ($5,000) – 3.5+ GPA, ACT 26/SAT 1230-1250
- UA Legends ($5,000) – 3.0 – 3.49 GPA, ACT 27/SAT 1260-1290
- Crimson Acheivement ($4,000) – 3.5+ GPA, ACT 25/SAT 1200 – 1220
- Crimson Acheivement ($4,000) – 3.0 – 3.49 GPA, ACT 26/SAT 1230 – 1250
- UA Recognition ($3,000) – 3.5+ GPA, ACT 21-24/SAT 1060-1190
- UA Recognition ($3,000) – 3.0 – 3.49 GPA, ACT 25/SAT 1200-1220
If you want to see it on the official scholarship website, you can visit the In-State Scholarships University of Alabama Page.
Out-of-State Scholarships (US Citizens/Permanent Residents)
Here are the scholarships for out-of-state students. Please note that the out-of-state tuition is higher, so the scholarship is higher than in-state scholarships. If you meet the GPA and SAT/ACT requirements, you will automatically get this scholarship.
- Presidential Elite Scholar (Full Tuition, One-year of on-campus housing, $1,000 a year stipend, $2,000 stipend for summer research or international study, $500 a yearbook scholarship) – 4.0 GPA, ACT 36/SAT 1600
- Presidential ($26,000) – 3.5+ GPA, ACT 32+/SAT 1420+
- UA Scholar ($20,000) – 3.5+ GPA, ACT 30-31/SAT 1360-1410
- Foundation in Excellence ($15,000) – 3.5+ GPA, ACT 29/SAT 1330 – 1350
- Foundation in Excellence ($15,000) – 3.0 – 3.49 GPA, ACT 30+/ SAT 1360+
- Collegiate ($10,000) – 3.5+ GPA, ACT 28/SAT 1300-1320
- Capstone ($8,000) – 3.5+ GPA, ACT 27/SAT 1260 – 1290
- Capstone ($8,000) – 3.0 – 3.49 GPA, ACT 28/ SAT 1300 – 1320
If you want to see it on the official scholarship website, you can visit Out-of-State Scholarships University of Alabama Page.
International Students Scholarships
International student scholarships at the University of Alabama are the same as the out-of-state scholarships with the exception that international students are ineligible for Presidential Elite Scholar. You can see the information on the University of Alabama International Scholarship Page.
National Merit Finalist Scholarships
This scholarship is for those students who are US citizens/Permanent Residents, have taken the PSAT, and were chosen as the national merit finalists. You also need to choose the University of Alabama as your first choice by May 1st.
- Full Tuition for up to five years (Can be used for undergraduate and graduate studies)
- Four years of Housing
- $3,500 stipend per year
- Allowance of $2,000 for summer research or study abroad
- $500 per yearbook stipend
For more info, visit the National Merit Finalist Scholarships Page!
Academic Elite Scholarships
All students (US Citizens/International Students) who’ve received a score of ACT 32 or higher, or SAT 1420 or higher are eligible to compete for this scholarship. To be eligible, you need to additionally fill out the University Fellows Experience application. The scholarship is full tuition plus one year of room, and a yearly stipend. So, if you are eligible, you should apply!
You can find more information on Academic Elite Scholarships Page. Please note that this is not an automatic scholarship, but rather a competitive University of Alabama scholarship.
How to Apply for University of Alabama Scholarships
To apply for merit scholarships of Alabama at the University of Alabama, you need to submit your application by December 15th. Please note that this is earlier than Regular Decision Deadline.
If you are just applying for automatic scholarships, there’s no separate application. But if you are applying for competitive scholarships, you need to fill out the appropriate scholarship form.
So, for most people, to apply for the University of Alabama scholarships, you just need to fill out the application form. You can find the application form here.
I hope that this article was helpful! If you are interested, visit the Scholarships Page!