The University of Lisbon or Universidade de Lisboa (ULisboa) is among Portugal’s and Europe’s most prestigious universities, earning its place among international rankings. It is dedicated to a holistic education that covers all areas of knowledge while honing its students to have critical skills needed for future employment. But aside from this practical knowledge, the University of Lisbon provides students with scholarships and opportunities to engage in sports and culture, allowing them to flourish more.
- Cheapest Universities in Portugal
- How to Study Nursing in Portugal
- Best Engineering Universities in Portugal
- University of Porto Scholarships
- University of Barcelona Scholarships
- University of Montpellier Scholarships
University of Lisbon Scholarships
Postgraduate Scholarships at University of Lisbon
1. MEDFOR Student Scholarships
- Scholarship Amount:
- Partner Country – 49,000 euros (travel costs, accommodation, participation costs, monthly allowance)
- Programme Country – 35,000 euros (travel costs, participation costs, monthly allowance)
- Eligibility Criteria:
- Partner Country –from an Erasmus partner country
- Programme Country –from an Erasmus programme country
- Degree Offered: Master’s
- Scholarship Link
MEDfOR is an Erasmus Mundus Master Course Programme delivered by a consortium of universities, including the University of Lisbon. This two-year program focuses on the Mediterranean forests and woodlands, especially on their sustainability. You can have your first year at the University of Lisbon, the University of Lleida, or the University of Padua.
These scholarships available at the University of Lisbon are provided by Erasmus+ to support students while taking up the MEDfOR program. Partner countries are mostly EU countries, while the rest are Programme countries. You may view the list here. Scholars must spend their study period in at least two of the consortium partner countries. Former Erasmus+ scholars or recipients of other Erasmus scholarships are no longer eligible to apply for the MEDfOR scholarships.
2. Doctoral Degree Scholarship (3rd) Program
- Scholarship Amount: not specified
- Eligibility Criteria: none
- Degree Offered: PhD
- Scholarship Link
This scholarship by the University of Lisbon was initiated last 2015 to support young researchers in their initiatives. The grant aims to help research flourish in the institution, especially developing economic and scientific systems. More than a hundred students have become recipients of their scholarships since 2015. These offers are renewable for up to three years.
I hope that this article was helpful. If you are interested, visit the Europe Scholarships Page.