The University of Glasgow is one of Scotland’s primary universities leading world-class research and innovation, belonging among the top 100 universities worldwide. Founded in 1451, the University of Glasgow is a symbol of excellence, prestige, and antiquity.
\With a population of 29,000 students, 219,000 alumni, and a total of 420 exchange partners from 140 countries, the University of Glasgow has one of the most competitive academic communities worldwide. Receiving an offer at the University of Glasgow is difficult but not impossible. And to help you make the most out of your budget and time, we have picked some of the best scholarships available at the University of Glasgow for international students.
- Cheapest Universities in Scotland
- How to Study in Scotland for Free
- Best Law Schools in the United Kingdom
- University of East Anglia Scholarships
- University of Sussex Scholarships
- Durham University Scholarships
University of Glasgow Scholarships
Undergraduate Scholarships at University of Glasgow
1. Glasgow International College Achievement Award
- Scholarship Amount: £3,000 yearly
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must have completed the Foundation Course of GIC with exemplary performance. Only international students who received an offer from an undergraduate program at the University of Glasgow are welcome to apply.
- Scholarship Link
The Glasgow International College is a preparatory institution for students aiming to study at the University of Glasgow. Their courses aim to equip international students to meet the standards of education at the University of Glasgow. Every year, four outstanding students who completed the foundation course at GIC receive this achievement award. The scholarship amount is £3,000 yearly with a maximum duration of three academic years.
To apply for this scholarship at the University of Glasgow, you must first complete the one-year foundation course of GIC with excellent grades and attendance. Afterward, you must complete your application at the University of Glasgow to an undergraduate program that matches your GIC pathways course. Once you have received an offer from an undergraduate program, you will be evaluated for this scholarship automatically without a separate scholarship application.
2. School of Computing Science: Faster Route International Excellence Scholarships
- Scholarship Amount: £5,000
- Eligibility Criteria: This scholarship is open to international students who have received a conditional or unconditional offer for a single honors undergraduate faster route program. Applicants must be from the eligible countries and programs specified on the scholarship link.
- Scholarship Link
The School of Computing Science is one of the most competitive schools at the University of Glasgow. They offer both undergraduate and graduate programs in Computing Science and Software Engineering. For these undergraduate programs, students may follow different routes. The standard and alternate route offer core subjects in the students’ first year of study with an ideal program timetable of five years. However, outstanding prospective students may receive an offer to a faster route program from the school of computing sciences, allowing them to complete their undergraduate program in only four years. Furthermore, accepted students would also be entitled to a £5,000 yearly stipend.
To apply for this University of Glasgow scholarship, you must first apply to an eligible program at the school of computing sciences at the University of Glasgow. Your entry credentials and academic potential will be the school’s basis to consider you for a faster route program. Once you have received an offer from the school for a faster route program, you are automatically entitled to the scholarship without a separate application form.
3. Humanitarian Scholarships
- Scholarship Amount: Tuition fee + £5,000 yearly stipend
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must have received an offer to an undergraduate program at the University of Glasgow. Applicants must have come from any eligible countries and received approval to remain in the UK under the grounds of Article 8 of the UK immigration Rules. Applicants with refugee status are also welcome to apply.
- Scholarship Link
If you are in the UK on humanitarian grounds, you may apply to the University of Glasgow’s Humanitarian scholarship. Every year, four applicants receive this scholarship. The scholarship covers your undergraduate degree’s tuition fee and provides a £5,000 stipend yearly. Depending on your situation, the scholarship committee may also give accommodation allowance.
To apply, you must first complete your application at the University of Glasgow. After completing your application, you must submit the online application form given on the scholarship page. Depending on the status of your immigration bail reporting, you may have to submit additional documents. Submit those documents along with the entry requirements of your program before the scholarship deadline.
These are only some of the undergraduate scholarships offered at the University of Glasgow for international students. However, if you are not eligible for any of the given undergraduate scholarships above, you can still find several undergraduate scholarships at the University of Glasgow’s scholarship page.
Postgraduate Scholarships at University of Glasgow
1. University of Glasgow International Leadership Scholarship
- Scholarship Amount: £10,000
- Eligibility Criteria: Only non-UK applicants are eligible to apply. Applicants must have secured a slot to eligible taught postgraduate programs at the University of Glasgow. Applicants must have received exemplary grades equivalent to UK 1st Class Honors.
- Degree Offered: (Master’s degree)
- Scholarship Link
One of the most famous scholarships at the University of Glasgow for international students is the International Leadership Scholarship. Every year, 70 applicants receive this scholarship. This scholarship program aims to encourage talented international individuals to pursue master’s education in the UK and contribute to leading research and development in several disciplines.
Unlike other scholarships, no separate scholarship application form is necessary. To apply, you have to complete your application at the University of Glasgow. Your academic merit and leadership potential will be the basis of the committee to consider you for this scholarship.
2. University of Glasgow African Excellence Fee Waiver
- Scholarship Amount: Full Tuition fee for one year (and additional £12,000 for two applicants)
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants residing in Africa with an exemplary academic record equivalent to UK 1st Class honors are eligible to apply. Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree in Africa and received an offer to any of the eligible postgraduate taught programs of the University of Glasgow.
- Degree Offered: (Master’s)
- Scholarship Link
This University of Glasgow scholarship provides an opportunity to high-caliber African citizens seeking to pursue a postgraduate degree in the UK. Every year, ten applicants receive this scholarship. Two of these grantees are entitled to a £12,000 yearly stipend aside from the tuition fee cost. The remaining eight scholars do not have a subsidy, but they are also exempt from the tuition fees.
To apply, you must complete your application at the University of Glasgow. Make sure to indicate that you are from Africa and be prepared to submit the entry requirements and additional documents as proof of your citizenship and residence. The scholarship committee shall automatically consider you for the scholarship once you have received an offer of admission to an eligible master’s program at the University of Glasgow.
3. Glasgow Marshall Scholarships
- Scholarship Amount: Tuition, travel, and accommodation fees
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must have come from the US and completed a bachelor’s degree program in the US with at least a GPA of 3.7 or higher. Applicants must have received an offer from any eligible postgraduate taught programs at the University of Glasgow.
- Degree Offered: (Master’s and Ph.D.)
- Scholarship Link
The British Marshall Scholarships provide an opportunity to US citizens to pursue a postgraduate degree in the UK for two to three years. Every year, 50 students receive the British Marshall Scholarships. Specifically, the Glasgow Marshall scholarship provides US Citizens an opportunity to study at the University of Glasgow.
To apply for this University of Glasgow scholarship, you must first complete your application at the University of Glasgow. Once you have received an offer to an eligible postgraduate program, you may proceed to the Marshall Scholarship Website and complete the application process. You must provide the necessary referrals and documents along with your academic transcript to showcase your leadership and ambassadorial potential. The Marshall Commission shall review your application and notify you of your interview schedule.
The scholarships mentioned above are only some of the postgraduate scholarships offered at the University of Glasgow. If you are interested to know more about other postgraduate scholarships to fund your education at the University of Glasgow, you may visit their scholarship database.