King Abdulaziz University (KAU) is an illustrious university in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Established in 1967 as a private university, the school converted to a public university in 1974. The school has produced activists, artists, business leaders, scholars, and even billionaires. Here, we will be looking at King Abdulaziz University scholarships for international students.
Ranked as the world’s top Arab university by Times Higher Education, KAU has an interest in gathering global talent, developing international research partnerships in the disciplines of environment and energy, medicine, and climate change. The university attracts thousands of students from abroad each year. Of the 31,000 students in attendance in 2017, more than a quarter of the student body hailed from other countries.
- Cheapest Universities in Saudi Arabia
- Top Universities in Saudi Arabia
- Best Business Schools in Saudi Arabia
- Harvard University Scholarships
- University of Oxford Scholarships
- University of Cambridge Scholarships
King Abdulaziz University Scholarships for International Students
- Scholarship Amount: Full tuition funding, in addition to several bursary funds such as a monthly stipend of SR900, a preparation allowance of SR1,800, among others.
- Eligibility Criteria: Undergraduate students must have obtained a secondary school degree from a credited institution and earned grades that meet the KAU’s admission requirements. Postgraduate students must have graduated with a bachelor’s or master’s degree with high marks.
- Scholarship Link
The King Abdulaziz University Scholarship is offered to undergraduates, as well as students entering into master’s and doctorate programs. Undergraduate students must have displayed good conduct during their secondary school career, and have graduated within the last 3 years. The eligible age range for undergraduates is 17-25.
Postgraduate students must not be older than 30 years old for master’s degree programs, or 35 for Ph.D. candidacy. Applicants need also submit two letters of recommendation from previous degree program faculty members.
A CV is required for both undergraduate and postgraduate applicants for this King Abdulaziz University scholarship, as well as a statement of purpose. The statement must be written in English unless the applicant plans to enroll in Islamic Studies or Arabic Language programs.
Upon being awarded the King Abdulaziz University Scholarship, students will receive a monthly allowance, preparation fee coverage, and assistance with book costs. Awardees will enjoy free accommodation, discounted meals, and healthcare coverage for the duration of their term.